About me...



I came from Montgomery, Alabama to attend school in Mobile, Alabama. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am at the present time a junior at the "South". I am currently working on getting my degree in Elementary Education. After I get my degree I want to move to Texas to teach. I am also a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.

Teaching Philosophy

I know as an educator respect, fun in the classroom, tough love, fairness, and intelligence will take me far.
I know you must show respect to get respect. By respecting my students I feel like they will respect me. I will also teach them the value of respecting each other.
I know you must have fun to learn. I believe students can have fun and learn at the same time. You can have fun and learn without even know it. My students can play a game in the classroom and not even realize that they have just learned how to count. I feel that humor in my classroom will allow my students to want to learn.
I know you must show some tough love to your students. If I always give my students the answer how will they ever learn? Sometimes you just have to light the candle so they can see the direction they need to go. If I do not show tough love, I feel like they will never learn.
I know fairness in a classroom is necessary. I feel every child needs a chance to shine. If I always call on one student, it discourages other students from raising their hand.
I know intelligence will take you far. My students must know it is not cool to be dumb because dumbness will get you nowhere. Intelligence is very important in your life and you need it to succeed.
I know the classroom is not just a room, but also an environment for learning.